Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Glued back together ...



On a few crumpled pieces of paper
So many stories I had once written
Droplets of colours smeared on my palm
I had drawn entire universes with fragile fingers

There used to this fogged up mirror
In front of which ,I would make faces for hours
This old ,torn , dirty doll I had once  
He and I would fight and make-up so many times

The ink on those scattered pages has faded
The colours washed away under torrents of rain
The mirror also cracked , my doll died
But I have still glued them ,and kept them close

Soemtimes , puppets still dance in those musty pages
Peep into those cracks , and you can see old faces
My doll still gives a rare flash of his old smile
Memories glued back together ,they almost reunite at times
Reunite at times …

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful ghulame-e-Akshay. Hindi version to mind blowing hain sirji!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks friend 4 those consoling words..and sorry for late reply.just returned to sharjah..am really touched..will stay connected:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ramesh anna ... no problem . may God be with you , and take you higher sir :)

      Delete