Monday, May 10, 2010

KIDS on Idiot bow...but WHOZ the IDIOT ?


Half pants , full pants , shirtless , in chaddhis ….the uniform might differ ..but they have done it ! Conquered the idiot box …
Even since I have returned ….and placed me and my tummy in my favourite position ( where you can reach both the food and the remote ) I’ve been surfing the channels . Thanks to my absence , I can’t follow the saas-bahu sagas …the only choices left are news , reality shows and sports . Indian team crushed the last option … do not talk about the news channels please . A swift glance at the morning newspaper in the loo..errr…bed gives me more NEWS than the “hamne khabar pehle dikhayi” reporters !

And now my dear…the most dreaded option . Yep ! Indian idol …some stupid crappy dance shows and emotional attyachar rule the scene right now .

And guess whoz dancing ? The teeny weeny monsters …who will start crying their lil brains out if you shut them in a dark room . And that’s not it …add to it “encouraging” parents and teachers …and man ! You can ALMOST touch Rakhi’s  standards .
On a more serious note….it worries me ! Nah..the word is “scares” me . The other day there was this 9 year old dancing on some crappy remix . And that dance wasn’t meant for kids , trust me .

It’s evil…seeing them crying …and the cameras focused on their tearful faces . The whole nautanki that they do when they win , or to butter the judges . ( oh plsss…you can so see that it’s all scripted )

And I ask myself , do they really need it ? at such a young age ! Yeah yeah….I know the entire idea about bringing out the country’s talents but dude…. This isn’t “bringing” it out…it’s “selling” it and “making money” out of it .

And what happens if they don’t get the trophy ? Go check out Macauly Culkin…lindsay lohan …Micael Jackson . How many child artists live a happy life ahead ? The innocence is being replaced with “professionalism” . Maybe it’s time we sit and think where to draw the line when it comes to “entertainment” .


No comments:

Post a Comment